16 March 2011

Conspiring by Candlelight

Would you look at that, I've been slacking again. You think I'd know I do this and try to stop it... or something. But here we are, so this is just the first one of this early morning hour. We can blame Dragon Age 2 for consuming my time. Yes, let's. However, I did I finish my first play through and it was pretty good. It felt unpolished, but was enjoyable.

Now onto the actual post. This one was inspired by current politics and global events as well as the new album by Rise Against, Endgame. At least partially inspired by those. It started out as pseudo poetry, but as you'll see has lost that and gone to prose form. Keep that in mind while reading. As always, after the break.



You can find me conspiring by candlelight. Watching the water rise on a moonless night. Feeling the earth shake with each new quake, with every shot fired into the fading light. Now wait for the ground to steady before you stand on shaking legs, and rise to fight. Raise a flag to find freedom in the twilight. Where right is wrong it's the same old song. Now dance, as they pull the string. Tied to the cross of the marionette. Now scream, as the nails will sting. Lied to as you try to forget, to forfeit the life you led on the ground you bled dry with every step you took.

But the darkness brings freedom. So you can find me conspiring by candlelight, spreading news of our plight to the unaware, to the battered and unprepared. With no known ground to on which to stand, and with no higher power to take our hand, we will find a way to make it through to the next day. If I could I'd write these words in text, seal the letter with the candle wax. But this movement is word of mouth. Spreading with the air you breathe between your teeth. Now we're teeming with anticipation, like a living ocean we seethe. Ready to set the plan in motion, guided by this single notion. For freedom the plan must be airtight, so you can find me conspiring by candlelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment