27 June 2013

Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is ajar.

One of the best friends I could ever ask for and my brother, Kyle McNamara, is taking the next step of his journey today. There’s a lot I could say, a lot I want to say and more that I could never put into words. But I’ll try.





Hey ho Azo,

Some of my best memories were made with you at my side, from staying up way too late playing on our Gameboys over ten years ago to football at the park and countless others. When you come back, I know we’ll get together with Will and make plenty more.

Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot about how we learn things. Without being too long winded, I believe we learn lessons from those that are close to us. With that in mind, there’s a lot you’ve taught me over the years, but most of all, you have taught me determination; about having a goal and achieving that goal. You’ve taught me that when life doesn’t go the way you planned, as it often doesn’t, you don’t give up or shy away from that change. You’re the example that proves challenging yourself is the only way to improve yourself.

What I’m trying to say in far too many words is I’ll miss you while you’re gone.


And thank you, brother. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment