20 February 2011

Deadlines

The mysterious genius that was Douglas Adams once said "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." I really don't have much to add other than the fact that I don't have the luxury he had. Which is to say I'm not near as smart or prolific as Mr. Adams came to be. There's nothing else to add to this post except to say that the following was likely inspired by an event this past week. And that I want to look at the formatting and flow of it at a later date.





It's the other side
This suicide
No time for me to decide
No rewind
Face down in the pillow
Eyes shut tight
No tears or regrets
For the days, for the years
Time to be free
Run from the misery
That's been haunting me
Dragging me down
Pushing me away
From where I want to be
Who I want to be
Unsure of what I see
Without you beside me
No light in this tunnel
No sign
Of the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment